Westview Hills History
Westview Hills Middle School is the only middle school in Maercker District 60, and home to approximately 470 sixth, seventh, and eighth graders. Maercker District 60 has a rich history dating back to the 1850s when a one room schoolhouse served the sparsely populated area. Until the 1960s, all students attended school at the site of the original one room schoolhouse! The district is currently organized into grade level centers, with students attending Holmes Primary School (PK-2) and Maercker Intermediate School (3-5) before attending Westview. Westview Hills opened in the fall of 1975, with the name "Westview Hills" being selected as a result of a student competition. The name was a combination of Westmont, Golfview and Clarendon Hills. Approximately 80% of Westview graduates attend Hinsdale Central High School, with the remaining 20% attending Downers Grove North High School.