Early Childhood Education
EARLY CHILDHOOD BLENDED PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
Maercker District 60 offers an Early Childhood Blended Preschool program at Holmes School for residents of the district. The program serves students ages three through five within a positive, nurturing environment that fosters social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth and development. The curriculum is play-based and progressive, with a focus on pre-readiness in literacy and numeracy. The staff consists of a teacher who is licensed in early childhood, special education and English learning and a paraprofessional. In addition, specialists provide a host of enriching experiences for students, such as motor groups and language-development activities. The program includes a blend of students who are typically developing and students with special education needs.
A five-day-per-week program which operates according to the District 60 calendar.
AM Session: 8:30-11:00 PM Session: 12:00-2:30
Early Release Wednesdays: AM: 8:30-10:20 PM: 12:00-1:50
Two ways to access the blended preschool:
- Tuition students accepted through a lottery.
- Selected students must be residents of the district.
- Students must be between three and five years of age and be toilet trained.
- Tuition is $355 per month. (September—May)
- A limited number of reduced tuition spots are available to qualifying families.
- Transportation is not provided for tuition-based students.
- Placement of students who are already receiving special education services under an Individual Education Plan (IEP) will be determined by the IEP team.
- Preschool Parent Information Night, February 5, 2020 from 5:30-6:15.
- Pre-enrollment application due to Holmes School by 3:00 p.m. February 7, 2020.
- Lottery scheduled for February 10, 2020.
- Parents will be notified of the lottery results by February 14, 2020.
- Parents of accepted students need to submit a $100 non-refundable deposit and complete the District 60 enrollment process no later than March 4, 2020.
- Registration dates are February 20, 2020 and March 4, 2020 from 4:00-8:00.
Holmes Primary School 5800 Holmes Avenue, Clarendon Hills, IL 60514 Phone: 630-515-4810
Maercker School District 60 provides special education services for children between the ages of 3 and 5. Eligibility for early childhood special education services is determined through an evaluation process. Children may be referred for evaluation through Child and Family Connections or through the district's preschool screening process.