PRESCHOOL DEVELOPMENTAL SCREENING PROCESS
Maercker District 60’s Preschool Developmental Screening is a two-part process. The screening is free of charge for three, four, and five-year-old children who have not yet attended kindergarten and who reside within Maercker School District. The purpose of the screening is to identify children who have a significant delay in one or more of the following areas:
- Speech and Language Development
- Cognitive Development
- Vision and Hearing
- Social and Emotional Development
- Fine and Gross Motor Development
- Contact the district to begin the screening process at 630-515-4863.
- The parent will confirm residency and a screening packet will be mailed home.
- Parents may drop off the completed packet at the District Office, or return it via US Mail in the provided stamped envelope.
- After receipt of the packet, our Early Childhood specialists will review the information provided by the parents. If the results indicate further inquiry, children will be requested to participate in Step 2 of our Preschool Screening.
- District personnel will contact the parent to schedule a specific time and date at Holmes School for their participation.
- Parents must bring their child’s original birth certificate, a photo ID with a current address and two qualifying forms to demonstrate residency the day of the screen in order to ensure participation.
D60 staff will engage the children in activities to screen the areas listed above. This entire process takes about 1 - 1½ hours, so please plan accordingly.