Maercker School District 60 is committed to the success of every student. As a learning community that fosters the academic, physical, social, and emotional well-being of our students, we pledge to continue promoting and measuring the success of practices, systems, and processes that advance equity, access, inclusivity, and high expectations for all students.
Raising the achievement of all students while eliminating the gaps in academic achievement based upon race, ethnicity, family income, disability, gender, and status as an English learner are top priorities for all D60 stakeholders. By proactively acknowledging racial and cultural biases and organizational structures and practices that affect student growth and achievement, we commit to:
- Honoring and building upon the strengths and assets of every student.
- Amplifying student voice to nurture a positive, welcoming and safe and supportive learning environment.
- Implementing culturally responsive teaching practices that reflect the contributions and perspectives of all people.
- Promoting safety and inclusivity of students regardless of gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
- Attracting and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our student population.
- Investing in resources and programs that support the educational success of our students while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
- Fostering an inviting culture that engages students in an array of extracurricular opportunities that reflect the interests of students from diverse backgrounds.
- Welcoming and engaging all families as essential partners in their students’ education and district decision making.