Mission & Vision
MAERCKER SCHOOL DISTRICT 60
Preparing today's learners to excel in tomorrow's world.
The mission of the Maercker School District 60 is to provide exemplary learning experiences within a positive, safe and caring environment that support student academic and personal growth.
In Maercker School District 60 we believe...
- educational programs must be designed to meet the needs of our students based on their learning styles, interests, and the society in which they live.
- a safe and caring learning environment is essential to maximizing student and faculty potential.
- a highly qualified professional staff is essential to providing an exemplary educational program.
- standards-aligned instructional programs and methods that are researched and scientifically-based will allow all students to achieve personal excellence.
- collaboration and accountability within a professional ethical learning community are vital to ensure continuous improvement.
- diversity enhances the learning community.
- parent and community involvement is essential to achieving our collective goals.
- lifelong learning is developed through opportunities for exploration which accesses a student's natural curiosity.
- fiscal responsibility and stewardship of resources are the responsibility of all.