Download the attached PDFs for important information!
Fifth Grade Band Registration
Beginning Band is starting up at Maercker! Here’s what’s happening:
- Friday, August 25: Students observe a demonstration of the band instruments and take a brief musical aptitude survey
- Tuesday, August 29-Friday, September 8: Mrs. Casey will meet with each student to inquire about their interest and students will have the opportunity to try some instruments. Mrs. Casey will help interested students to make a selection based on 1.) Their choice of instrument 2.) Their trial of the chosen instrument (was the student successful producing a sound?) 3.) Their musical aptitude survey
- Thursday, September 14 at 7 p.m.: Interested students and parents attend the brief band orientation presentation at Maercker in the gym. Instrument rental will follow immediately after. Attendance at this orientation is very important!
Quick facts about 5th Grade Band at Maercker:
- Every student who is interested and willing to put in the time to practice at home is invited to join!
- Band rehearsals and lessons occur during the school day.
- There is a before-school club for practicing if a student lives in a building that does not allow musical instrument practice.
- You do not have to own an instrument. Most people rent to own. Families who need assistance should contact Mrs. Casey at Maercker and she will do her best to assist!
Do you have questions? Please contact Mrs. Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org Mrs. Casey is part-time, so email is best.
For additional information, please email one of our District 60 Band Directors:
Karen Moffett email@example.com
Peggy Sue Casey firstname.lastname@example.org
George Huff email@example.com