As you know, news about the coronavirus is changing quickly. Coronavirus is a new respiratory virus first identified in China in December 2019. The virus has rapidly spread to countries throughout the world, and there are multiple confirmed cases in the Chicago area. We are in regular communication with the DuPage ROE, DuPage County Health Department and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to ensure that we are taking every necessary precaution to keep our staff and students safe.
On this page, you will be able to find up-to-date information from D60 regarding changes & procedures due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our district. Below we have provided links to each prior communication sent, as well as links to helpful resources. You will also find a link to our remote learning procedures.
UPDATE - March 13, 2020, 2 p.m.:
After continuing conversations and collaboration with our local health department officials and the Regional Office of DuPage, - in an effort to promote social distancing, District 60 has decided to close its schools starting Monday, March 16 and immediately implement a Remote Learning schedule. We do not anticipate needing to make up any days at the end of the year as we have a State approved Remote Learning Program.
We will implement the following schedule starting Monday, March 16:
- March 16 - No student attendance. Staff will either meet at their designated school or virtually to create their weekly Remote Learning plan.
- March 17 - 19 - Remote Learning days
- March 20 - No student or staff attendance
- March 23 - No student attendance. Staff will meet virtually to create their weekly Remote Learning plan.
- March 24 - 25 - Remote Learning days
- March 26 - 27 - No student or staff attendance
- March 30 - April 3 - Spring Break
- Monday, April 6 - School resumes with regular schedule
No activities or athletics will occur for these three weeks. All are canceled effective immediately.
This is a developing situation, if different guidance comes from a State or National level, we will update families. Please bookmark the below link for Remote Learning.
Thank you for your support,
Dr. Sean Nugent
- March 19, 2020 COVID-19 Update
- March 13, 2020 COVID-19 Update
- March 12, 2020 COVID-19 Update
- March 9, 2020 COVID-19 Update