The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act ensures the educational rights and protections of homeless children and youth so that they may enroll in school, attend it on a regular basis and be successful. The legislation requires every district to assign a local homeless education liaison who can assist children and unaccompanied youth in their efforts to attend school.
Maercker District 60 Liaison:
Director of Special Education
Phone: (630) 515-4849
Below are links to additional information for individuals or families who are experiencing homelessness.
- ACCESS Health DuPage (medical services for DuPage low income)
- Homeless liaison for the DuPage Regional Office of Education
- Homeless education - Illinois State Board of Education
- DuPage County food pantries
- People's Resource Center
- Bridge Communities
- HCS Family Services
- DuPage County Continuum of Care
- Dupage CRIS